Ugh i love these so much!
One of my baking friends needs to get on these for me, please
next time I see you, promise!
omg yes im making these
What is with all this PORN ON MY DASH
Peanut Butter Brittle Fudge Ice Cream Pops
the noise that just came out was not human
Bacon-Cheddar Twice Baked Potatoes
Makes 8 potato halves
This recipe can easily be halved or doubled.
4 good-sized russet potatoes
6 strips thick-cut bacon (or 8 strips thin-cut bacon), diced
1 large yellow onion, diced small
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Salt (sea salt is great if you have it)
Heat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
Scrub the potatoes clean, rub them will olive oil, and sprinkle them with salt. Prick the potatoes a few times with the tines of a fork. Arrange them a little ways apart on the baking sheet. Bake for 50-60 minutes, until they are completely soft when pierced with a fork and the skins are dry.
While the potatoes are baking, begin preparing the filling. Warm a skillet over medium heat and cook the bacon until most of the fat has rendered and the bacon has crisped to your liking. Remove the bacon bits with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
Pour off all but a teaspoon of the bacon fat. Cook the onions with a half teaspoon of salt until the onions are deep golden and caramelized. Stir in the garlic and cook for another thirty seconds. Remove from heat.
When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, slice them in half and scoop the insides into a medium-sized bowl. Leave a quarter inch or so of potato next to the skin. Mash the potatoes with the onions, garlic, bacon, sour cream, and about 3/4 cup of the cheddar cheese. Give it a taste, and add more salt and pepper as you see fit.
Arrange the potato skins on the baking sheet. Divide the filling between all the skins and sprinkle the tops with the remaining 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese. At this point, the potatoes can be baked right away, or refrigerated and baked later.
Bake for another 15-20 minutes, until the cheese has melted and the peaks of the mashed potatoes are crispy. Potatoes that were refrigerated may take a little longer. Serve straight off the baking sheet while still hot and bubbly. Leftovers will keep up for a week.
Recipes for Pies and Tarts! (recipes)
Need some pie baking ideas for this Thanksgiving?! Wait no more!
- All-American Apple Pie
- Apple and Pear Pie
- Apple Caramel Cheesecake Piewith Toasted Pecans
- Apple Cider Pie
- Apple Galette
- Apple Tarte Tatin
- Apricot Pie
- Autumn Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie
- Blueberries ‘n Cream Pie
- Blueberry LatticePie
- Blueberry-Almond Tart
- Blueberry-Apple StreuselPie
- Blueberry-Peach Galettes
- Buttermilk Pie
- Caramel Apple Pie
- Cherry Pie
- Cherry Pie with Cream Cheese Pastry Crust
- Chocolate Buttermilk Pie
- Chocolate Cream Pie
- Chocolate Meringue Pie
- Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Pie
- Coconut & Lime Cream Cheese Pie
- Coconut Custard PieCoconut Custard Pie with Whipped Cream Topping
- Coconut Pie
- Creamy Lemon Meringue Pie
- Decadent Chocolate Ganache Pie
- Dutch Apricot Pie
- Early American Buttermilk Pie
- Easy Lemon Meringue Pie
- Egg Custard Pie
- French Apple Tart
- Fresh Blueberry Pie
- Fresh Cherry Cobbler
- Fresh Lemon Curd Tart
- Fresh Lemon Meringue Pie
- Fresh Raspberry Tart with Lemon Filling
- Fresh Strawberry Pie
- Grandma’s Rhubarb Pie
- Grandma’s Fresh Cherry Pie
- Grape Pie
- Individual Nectarine Tarts
- Innkeeper Pie
- Key Lime Pie
- Key West Key Lime Pie
- Lattice Cherry Pie
- Latticed Peach Pie with Peach Brandy
- Lattice-Top Mulberry or Blackberry Pie
- Lemon Apple Chess Pie
- Lemon Tart with a Lemon Pecan Crust
- Lemon-Buttermilk Meringue Pie
- Lime Custard Tart
- L’orange and Citron Cream Cheese Tarte
- Macadamia Nut Pineapple Tart
- Margarita Key Lime Pie
- Microwave Sour Cream Lemon Pie
- Milky Way Tarts
- Mississippi Mud Pie
- No-Bake Lemon Cream Tart
- Old Fashion Fresh Apricot Pie
- Old Time Chess Pie
- Old-Fashion Apple Pie
- Old-Fashion Blueberry Pie
- Old-Fashion Fruit Tart
- Old-Fashion Pecan Pie
- Old-Fashion Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie
- Old-Fashioned English Custard Tart
- Oven Fried Apple Pies
- Peach Custard Pie
- Pear and Almond Cream Tart
- Pear and Almond Tart
- Pear Praline Pie
- Pear Tarte Tatin
- Pecan Streusel Apricot Pie
- Plum Galette
- Plum Pie Augusto
- Puff Pastry Apple Tart
- Raspberry Sour Cream Tart
- Recipe for Cookie Crumb Crust
- Rum Raisin Apple Pie
- Rustic Chocolate Raspberry Heart Tart
- Scrumptious Strawberry Tart
- Shoofly Pie
- Sour Cream Raisin Pie
- Southern Fried Fruit Pies
- Spiced Peach Galettes
- Strawberry Almond Chocolate Tart
- Strawberry Hazelnut Tart
- Strawberry S’More Tart
- Summer Cherry Pie
- Summer Tart
- Sweet Potato Pie
- Very Lemon Pie
- Vinegar Pie
- Walnut Chocolate Chip Pie
- Walnut Fudge Pie
- White Chocolate and Blueberry Tart
- Worlds Best Apple Pie
Here’s an extra one for you guys today!
Sweet and Sour Chicken Recipe
- 1 pound of boneless and skinless chicken thighs or breasts, cut into 1” chunks
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (1/4 teaspoon table salt)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 10-ounce can pineapple chunks (reserve juice)
- 1/4 cup juice from the canned pineapple
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (1/4 teaspoon table salt)
- 2-3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
In a bowl, combine the chicken with the egg white, salt and cornstarch. Stir to coat the chicken evenly. Let sit for 15 minutes at room temperature or up to overnight in the refrigerator.
In the meantime, whisk together the pineapple juice, vinegar, ketchup, salt, and brown sugar.
Heat a large frying pan or wok over high heat until a bead of water instantly sizzles and evaporates. Pour in the 1 tablespoon of cooking oil and swirl to coat. It’s important that the pan is very hot. Add the chicken and spread the chicken out in one layer. Let the chicken fry, untouched for 1 minute, until the bottoms are browned. Flip and fry the other side the same for 1 minute. The chicken should still be pinkish in the middle. Dish out the chicken onto a clean plate, leaving as much oil in the pan as possible.
Turn the heat to medium and add the remaining 1 teaspoon of cooking oil. Let the oil heat up and then add the bell pepper chunks and ginger. Fry for 1 minute. Add the pineapple chunks and the sweet and sour sauce. Turn the heat to high and when the sauce is simmering, add the chicken pieces back in. Let simmer for 1-2 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. Timing depends on how thick you’ve cut your chicken. The best way to tell if the chicken is done is to take a piece out and cut into it. If it’s pink, add another minute to the cooking.
Taste the sauce and add more brown sugar if you’d like.
Chick-fil-A Bites with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
- 2 large chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces and seasoned with salt & pepper
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup pickle juice
- 1 egg
- 1-1/4 cups flour
- 2 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup peanut oil, divided (or canola or vegetable oil)
Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce:
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- Whisk together egg, milk and pickle juice, and pour into a large ziplock bag or bowl. Add chicken pieces and marinate in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours.
- Combine flour, powdered sugar, salt and pepper in a large ziplock bag. Shake to combine. Remove chicken from the marinade and add into the bag. Shake to coat the chicken completely.
- Heat half the oil in a large skillet or dutch oven over medium-high heat (6 or 7 out of 10.) Test the oil by dropping in a bit of the flour mixture. If it sizzles, the oil is ready, if it pops, lower the temperature a bit.
- Gently place chicken pieces into the oil with tongs. Do this in 2 batches, as you don’t want to overcrowd the pan. Cook the chicken for 3-4 minutes, or until golden brown on one side. Turn the chicken over and allow to cook for 3-4 more minutes. Remove to a paper-towel lined plate. Heat the remaining oil and continue with the other half of the chicken pieces.
- Stir together the honey mustard dipping sauce ingredients, and serve with the hot chicken bites.
Breakfast berry oat cups…takes 2 minutes!…RECIPE